Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wire Test: Fail

Well, once again, I am eternally grateful to the always helpful Teardrops and Tiny Trailer Web Site.  The site has been so supportive and kind to me as I ask incredibly simple, but important to me, questions.

I had no idea that I could 'test' my trailer wiring without plugging in to my tow vehicle.  Turns out all I have to do is use the 'extra' wire harness, that came with my tail lights, to connect to my battery and I can test the functionality and success of my wiring.


The good news is that I was able to test the wiring without dragging the Carpe Diem out to the road.  The bad news is that my front running lights did not work.



Back running lights lit up.  You can see that the front light is not lit.


Another shot of the back lights. 

 Now, before I go nuts and give up, I need to perform a few more tests.  Remember I noted in my last post that those lights "...Better freaking work?" It 'could be' anything from one bad connection, to a bad ground screw.  I hope to be able to crawl under the teardrop and test things, but it will most likely have to wait.  Even though there are only six days of school left, YES I am counting, the evenings are quite busy for me these next many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment