Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hinge Solutions

Thanks to the incredible support group on the Teardrops and Tiny Trailers Website:  http://www.tnttt.com/ I think I've worked out how I am planning to replace the hinge gasket on the Carpe Diem.  It seems the best way to 'seal' the hinge is a two-fold approach.  First, I'll use butyl tape under the hinge.  Then I'll add a rubber gasket over the hinge, which will be held in place by two strips of aluminum.  The strips of aluminum will be anchored above and below the hinge and will help all the water to 'run off' the hinge.


You can see from the photo above how the 'finished' hinge will look.  The teardrop above, has the rubber gasket over the piano hinge.  This is the exact same set up I will be using.  By the way, that is one sweet looking teardrop isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment