Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Current Project List: Galley and Electrical

I'm finding it helpful to articulate what needs to be done in writing so that my mind is clear.  I'm a list guy.  I have lists all over my desk, on my iPhone, even in my car.  I have a special pad that I keep in the car for my commute; I almost always hear something on NPR or think of something I want to do when I get home.  My iPhone list for the teardrop is long, but it has been really helpful.  It helps me keep me from forgetting things.



At this point, with the exception of the bulk head floor and the rubber gasket over the piano hinge, the teardrop is essentially water tight.

Here is a list of projects that remain in order to 'finish' the galley and electric:

1.  Hinge gasket and aluminum strips to hold it in place.

(I stopped by the local bike store South Port Rigging to 'buy' another tube for this purpose.  I ended up trying to explain what I needed and why, to the owner.  He promptly went back into the tube trash and found me a huge inner tube and he gave it to me!  No cost.  Well, I wish I had seen him a couple of weeks ago.  Nonetheless, that was really nice of him!


2.  Caulk bulkhead floor.

3.  Finish trim on galley cabinets, drawers and doors.

4.  Mount spare tire under cooler slide.

5.  Install LED 'night lights.' These will be mounted on an 'L' bracket, which will be bolted to the frame.  Should be pretty cool at night!  Also going to use my extra 'porch lights' under each door. 

6.  Install running lights and tail/turn signals.

7.  Finalize all electrical runs and install fuse box.

(Saw this image on another teardrop build; I like the use of aluminum around the switches.  I may have to incorporate that into my 'switches' or on the battery meter.


8.  Paint/polyurethane galley cabinets.  Thinking I may use the brown paint from the basement project as an accent color.  Might just paint the drawer fronts and the cabinet trim brown. 

9.  Install hardware on doors and drawers.

That should cover the galley and electrical area.  From there we'll move to the cabin cabinets and interior insulation and fixtures.  


No comments:

Post a Comment