Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Need You to Step Outside Young Man

Well, she's outside!

I was able to make it to Harbor Freight tonight.  I bought myself the heavy duty tow dolly I mentioned in an earlier post.  Of course I had to put it together:




Next, we hitched the trailer to the tow dolly.



The 'problem' is our driveway is on a fairly steep incline. 

Thinking that I would 'usually' need to do this myself, I thought I would give it a try.  Things went pretty well until the weight of the trailer made it down the slope of the driveway.  I had Jack on my iPhone shooting some hilarious video.  You'll have to see it for yourself.



 The sound Jack heard was simply a small piece of aluminum that I had left on top of the teardrop; it will be the strip that hold the rubber gasket in place.


After some serious tugging, we pulled it up the slight hill again into our backyard and onto the patio.  I'm still a little worried about a few small places where I know it isn't completely sealed.  I will get the gasket on over the hinge and seal everything up in the next few days.


My car is back in the garage for the first time since March 25th!

That's enough for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment