Thursday, May 30, 2013

Polyurethane


It was a beautiful sunny evening, so I put a good coat of polyurethane on the countertops, drawers and doors. They look really nice, and that extra layer of protection will be helpful for any spills and hopefully protect from any water that does make it onto the surfaces.


You can see in this picture that I was able to cover all of the wiring for both the tail lights and galley light in the small black tubing.  My only wish is that it was a little less 'curly.'  Maybe it will 'uncurl' after it's been in place for a while.

I'm still wondering about pulling up the headliner on the floor and putting in a piece of linoleum.  I know it would be easier to clean, but I had the headliner and I didn't have the linoleum.  I suppose it is pretty easy to pull it out and replace it at some point in the future.

The coat of poyurethane should add a little more protection from spills, etc.  I may end up sanding lightly and applying another coat to give it a super nice finish.


On a side note. The thermometer inside the teardrop said that the maximum temperature inside it today was 113 degrees!


I cracked the roof vent, and will leave it open during the day today. We'll see if that makes any difference.  It was a  sunny cloudless afternoon. I guess I expected it to heat up, but I had no idea it would get that hot.  The new thermometer worked great though.  It told me what the highest outdoor temperature was too:  only 83.






I ended up hot gluing the magnet to the bottom of the remote sensor.  Then I put a couple of zip ties on it to hold the battery door in place.  Lastly, I mounted it under the teardrop on a piece of the frame the should protect it from most of the spray/rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment