Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To Do List

Okay, so I'm realizing that I'm attacking this project in a bit of a scatter-brained fashion.  There is 'so much' that I want to do that I have kind of been doing a little of this, and a little of that.  Another reason for my disorganized approach is that there just is not time during the work week to get much done.  In my defense, I have been waiting for parts and materials to arrive in order to accomplish many major tasks.  I thought it would be a good idea to reorganize and make a rational list of projects in the order I hope to accomplish them.



Here we go:

1.  The windows have arrived, so I need to VERY carefully measure, mark and cut the aluminum to prepare them for the fitting of the window.  This makes me very anxious!  Slow and deliberate are the words I need to be constantly remembering.  After cutting the holes, I will be able to install the windows and re-mount the doors.

2.  I need to caulk and mount the green treated board in the bulkhead: (this is going to require a third set of hands.)  At this point, the cabin will be 100% sealed and water-tight.

3.  I need to firm up the galley plan.  I don't want to glue it all in just yet, but I need to have a pretty certain layout of the design so that I can begin moving forward on the electrical work.  Right now I'm leaning towards having the electrical panel and all connections at the top of the galley behind a fold down shelf.  This will greatly simplify the wire runs (I hope!)

4.  Once the galley is planned, I need to layout the interior cabinets; these again need to be in place before I can finalize the wiring.

5.  I'll rough in the wiring.

6.  With both cabinet sections planned, I can stain and seal the wood and finally install it.

7.  The next step will be to finalize wiring and install the insulation.

8.  Next will be the installing of the headliner over the insulation.  At this point, I'm still not sure if I'll install the headliner directly on top of the insulation or if I'll add a think layer of Luan plywood.

9.  Final fitting of all interior light fixtures, etc.

10.  Clean and buff the aluminum skin.

Now, there's an organized list.  I am going to try to stick to it as I move forward on the project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment