Monday, April 15, 2013

Galley Animation and Windows!

So, this was fun.  I was able to make this sketch up design in about an hour today.  It's not exactly to scale, but its a lot easier than monkeying around with pieces of wood in the garage.  I was able to experiment with different size cabinets, counter tops, etc.  I'm so glad that I took the time to learn how to use this tool!  Unfortunately, the 'actual' measurements are a little tighter than the model I made here.  I'm trying to find a way to store our Coleman stove during transport and make an elegant way to use it when in camp.  I'm leaning toward a side table that will allow us to use the stove.



Galley Design One from Todd Burleson on Vimeo.

My windows arrived today.  They look pretty spiffy.  



I am going to have to do some cutting of the door to make them fit, but I think it's going to work out great.  I'm a little anxious about cutting the door; it has an aluminum 'L' piece that I'll need to trim in order to make these fit just right.  It's time to invest in a few good quality metal scroll saw blades!  However, I'm so happy that the rubber seal will cover the holes for the hinges that the previous owner cut into the aluminum!  This is the door that I still have to remove all the rust spots. 




No comments:

Post a Comment