Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sketches

I don't get much 'work' done on the teardrop during the week, but that doesn't mean my mind isn't working on problems and ideas for it!

I took some time yesterday to try to measure as many parts of the teardrop as possible.  I'm finding Google Sketch Up to be a real challenge; probably should have started with something a bit simpler at this point, but its fun to experiment.

Here are my rough drafts.
This is the side view.  I drew it so that you could see through the side of the trailer.
 Rear view; the blue rectangle is the cooler which will be on a pull out slider.
 You can see the cabinetry of the galley and the rough cabinets inside the cabin.
 Side view:  you can see the wheel wells and interior cabinets.
 You can see all the way through the trailer in this image.
 This gives you a sense of the layout in the galley a bit better.

An above view.

I learned a lot about working with Google Sketch Up.  I think these look pretty darn good!  The key was having very specific measurements from the actual teardrop to put into the drawing program.  I learned that you can make the walls transparent.  This allows you to 'see inside' which is very hard to sketch by hand.  I think I'll go back and tweak the cabinetry in the galley and the cabin a bit more in future versions.

 The back view of the galley.
 Possible layouts.
 Estimates for headliner materials.
 Top view above.  Key measurements on the side of the teardrop.
 Battery compartment and power panel possible layout.
 I had no idea how perfectly symmetrical this design was.  It is truly 60.5" wide and 60.5" high.

Key measurements of the galley area.  It's a lot tighter than a lot of other designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment