Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crazy Weather

Today was an interesting day.  Mostly cloudy, warnings of lots of bad weather, but so far only a teeny bit of rain.  I got a lot done today.

I built the slide out shelf for a laptop and/or to place iPhones or other I suppose even a fan, heater or whatever.  

Once I had figured out the dimensions of the shelf and how I was going to mount it, I needed to figure out how I was going to get the 12 volt power ports into the cabin.  I decided not to put them behind the slide out shelf because it would have been really hard to get to them.  Instead, I put them to the right of the shelf.


Here is the housing for the power ports.

Drawer slides in place and open.

Pull out shelf installed.

Open.


Power ports installed.

The next big project was to get all the cables cleaned up and organized.  This is the battery strap which holds the battery in its place.  


My simple on/off switch for the battery.  Simply twist it to the right to turn it on; twist it to the left to turn it off.


Everything tidied up and strapped down.  I installed the fire extinguisher too.


Doors and all hardware installed.


The galley is complete.  The only thing I need to do is install the sliders on the cooler slide out tray.  Still need to fix and install the reading lights again and install all the additional insulation.  Not too much more inside work left though.


No comments:

Post a Comment