Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The "Right" Door Seals: Thank You Restoration World!

So after some consultation with my colleague and fellow 1947 Tourette Teardrop Owner, Larry, I've found the 'right' door seal for the teardrop.  I've tried multiple types of weather stripping to not much success.  Larry, who also restored his 1947 Chevy Pickup Truck, shared his source for all things 1947.  He used the door seal from the 1947 Chevy Pickup on the Teardrop.  So, I finally bit the bullet and bought the same seal from a company in Ohio called Chevrolet Restoration World.


I think it's pretty cool that a company like this even exists.  Their whole world is restoration of old Chevrolet vehicles.  Amazing!


So, after a quick conversation with the company, I purchased the seals and they are on their way to me.

I'm thrilled because as soon as I place the seals on the body of the teardrop, I'll be able to insulate the doors.  I'm hopeful they will get here soon so that I can complete the interior work soon.


1 comment: