Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Perfect Bin!

After deciding that the length or depth of the baskets was not quite what I wanted, I went back to the internet.  I found a basket that I think will be perfect for the teardrop.  Where?  WalMart has a basket that is 18.3" deep, 14.5 " wide and 12.8" tall.  The best part?  It is in my 'accent color' orange!


I am not a huge 'doo dad' kind of guy.  I'm not a 'theme' decorator or anything, but I do like a good color.  Orange is one of my favorite colors and as you may have noticed, it is the primary color in the galley.  So, when I saw that these baskets, which are 5" longer and 2" wider than the ITSO bins that I was pretty happy with, were also available in the orange, I jumped on it.


One other note, I like the silver accent.  This will match all of the other hardware (knobs, hinges, etc.) in the teardrop.  Plus, WalMart offered free shipping.  If I don't like them, I can return them to the store at no cost.  It's kind of hard not to go with them when they make it that easy.  I should have them by next week; just in time for the finishing touches on the teardrop interior!

Lastly, we had a small desk area in our home office that I used as a 'second' spot for my work computer.  We decided to remove it.  Guess what?  Part of it will be used as an additional work table off the teardrop and part of it will be used for the slide out shelf in the teardrop cabin.  Best part: it's already the same shade of brown! 

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to have good lashing points or a netting across the front of the shelf to keep those baskets in place when you slam on the brakes. Everything wants to go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,
    Thankfully the shelf has a large lip that will hold the baskets in place. Also, the momentum when I hit the breaks would move them forward and the longer baskets will come to rest on the back wall. Thus the 'perfect' moniker. Of course, until its been through a road test I won't know for sure. Really appreciate the thoughtful comment though.

    Cheers,
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, love it when things just fall into place. Glad you found your color with the right accent. Can't wait to see them in your tear.

    ReplyDelete