Friday, June 21, 2013

"She's Done!"

I can't believe it, but I think I can say that 'She's Done!'


I had a few of last touches that I wanted to do today.  Two of them were merely cosmetic, one was going to be very useful.  I have been waiting for weeks to be able to finally put my Carpe Diem decal on the hatch.  I think it looks incredible!




Moving to the front of the teardrop, I needed to apply my foam rock guard.  I decided against the steel diamond plate due to cost and weight.  I think the neoprene will work well for many years.  And, if it gets too messed up, I can switch it out for a very low cost.

After installing the rock guard, I carefully drilled the holes for my cargo basket.  The best part is that I've kept the tongue piece on so that if I wanted to, I could remove it and insert it on the hitch of our car quite easily.

I installed the 120 volt inverter under the shelf in the cabin.  Now we can use either 12 volt or 120 if we ever need it in the cabin.

The indoor/outdoor thermometer is easy to move about; it's simply velcroed to the side wall.  I also did a bunch of little things in the cabin:  I installed a few pieces of trim molding and put in a cedar floor in the bulkhead. 

My terrific daughter helped me finish these simple orange polka dot curtains.  They provide just the right amount of privacy while still allowing the air to move in and out.

And that's about it!  I have just a couple of small details to finish; one in the galley and one under the trailer.  Those two things will be finished easily tomorrow and then we can start planning the first road trip!  

I had the chance to show off the Carpe Diem today to a couple of friends who came by.  They were quite impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment