Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Baskets and Electricity

The baskets for the cabin arrived today.  I feel a little odd saying how excited I was to put them into their place.  They fit perfectly and the color is great.


I had really hoped that I could get the electrical system back in order.  I have had trouble with the super simple AC system.  Turns out it was me that was the problem, not the power cord.  I didn't realize that the red light was lit when the system was 'on.'  I was thinking that the red light on the GCFI meant that the circuit was broken.  So, all the time I thought I had some sort of problem with the GCFI, it was really just me being a doofus. 


Well, I was able to wire the Marinco port to the power cord and then into the AC outlet.  I spent several hours monkeying around with daisy chaining outlets so that I could have one inside the cabin.  In the end I decided not to do that; it just isn't worth stringing the wires into the cabin.  I'll still put the two 12 volt outlets in the cabin.  I'll have a plug in inverter in the cabin should I need it.


I installed the battery charger in the electrical compartment too.  You can just barely see the small hole I drilled into the compartment so that I can bring the plug to the battery charger.  Wasn't the way I planned on rigging it up, but it works.


Everything is coming together pretty well here.  I have a bit more 'bundling' of wires to do; I'll do that after I add the two 12 volt outlets in the cabin.


Thankfully, this is the side most people will see when they look into the galley.  I am really happy with how the 'control center' section of the teardrop has come together.

I didn't take any photos of it, but I spent quite a bit of time today working to cut the insulation pieces for the walls.  I'll cover those with headliner material and then glue them into place in the next few days.

One thing I noticed is that I can't work in the teardrop during the main part of the day.  It's just too hot to be out there on the patio in the sun.  So, it's early morning or late afternoon for me to work on the teardrop.


3 comments: