Saturday, June 1, 2013

First Night in the Teardrop

I took a half day yesterday; that got me home in time for a much needed nap and some time to work on the teardrop.  I successfully fixed the trailer wiring.  I'm not sure exactly what I did, but it was the front two marker lights that gave me the trouble.  I re-did the wiring and everything worked!

Because I had success with the wiring, I went ahead and put another coat of polyurethane on everything.  The countertop and all the surfaces are looking great and are super protected from moisture at this point!


One of the problems I've had is that my battery would never fully charge.  It turns out that my problem was the battery charger.  I tested it on the battery in my car, which I knew was fully charged.  I was able to salvage the inline fuse and battery clamps from the old charger and was able to use those as my main connectors from my electrical system to my battery.  

The business end of my GFCI power cord.

I spent a little more time working on the electric.  I cleaned up the wires and anchored them.  I thought I would start on the AC portion of the wiring.  I cut the ends off the GFCI extension cord and wired it up to the Marinco power inlet.  That went pretty well, but unfortunately, I can't get the GCFI portion of the system to 'reset' so that I can run power through it.  I need to do a little research to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I decided that I would try spending the night in the teardrop.  The forecast was for a clear and cool evening.  We put the mattress in the teardrop; it still needs to be trimmed in order to fit into the area where our feet go, but for one person, it was fine.  I cranked up the Fantastic Vent, tossed in my sleeping bag and got comfortable.  After reading a few chapters of my book, I turned off the lights and drifted off to sleep.


Very comfortable.

My son came out to say goodnight to me.  I was in deep sleep when he opened the teardrop door.  He scared the daylights out of me.  I went into full freak out mode when the door to my teardrop popped open!  I think I scared him as much as he scared me!  Needless to say, I learned how the inside door locks worked after that.  Jack has some serious payback coming up!

Usually, this time of the year, I am awoken by the birds outside my window at about 3:40 in the morning.  I slept right through the birds this morning.  The fan canceled out any birds or any other noise in my backyard.  It was a pretty good night of sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment