Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring is Here...

Spring is almost officially here.  It's 'here' in the sense that we just re-set our clocks and today is my daughter's 15th birthday.  That harkens spring to me.  It's been a while since I made an entry.  In the meantime, I have completely finished one half of our basement.  We've turned it in to a cozy family room where we will be able to enjoy movies and more.  This past weekend we put in our new sofa and the room looks great!  Here is a panoramic image of the space before we put in the carpet, sofa and a few other touches.

 I'm starting to get my plans in order for the trip down south to pick up the trailer.  My good friend Jim is going to meet me there to help me perform any maintenance and repair on the trailer.  I know for sure we'll have to repair the lights and possibly the bearings and tires.  I know nothing about this stuff and Jim is an old pro at boats, trailers and vehicles in general.  I am planning to visit my fellow teardrop owner, Larry, on the way home too.  He lives just north of Dayton, which is conveniently about half way home for me.

I plan on spending at least one night in the trailer during that week.  Once I get her home and have the chance to start working on her in the garage or on the concrete patio, I might slip out there to see how it sleeps too.  I'm grateful that my brother-in-law has kept The Carpe Diem in a garage.  I'm not sure how water tight she actually is.  I know the door seals will need to be replaced straight away.  I'm actually planning to buy them before I go down so that I can replace those right away.

That's all for now.  I'll start planning my route and preparing my tools soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment