Sunday, March 31, 2013

Had Two Ideas...

Had two ideas today, oddly enough while sitting in church!  The first idea is how to make a 'locking' window hatch.  See the image below:

Notice the pin that is on the bottom of the window.  If I were to put a rod like this (except make it go all the way to the 'top' of the screen where it would 'snap' into a bracket) this would effectively 'bar' the hatch from the inside.  Theoretically, I could even add a steel pin through the rod which would give added security.  This would be a relatively strong lock on the window hatch.  Also, the longer rod would allow the hatch to open to a much greater angle.

The second idea is also from the image above too.  The designer of the teardrop above seems to have 'covered' the door in a sheet of plywood.  If I plan my interior effectively, I think I will be able to add a piece of 1" foam (adhering with a strong adhesive) On top of this would then be a thin sheet of plywood.  This could then either be varnished or painted, depending on the rest of the interior.

It's neat how your mind keeps 'thinking' when you step away from a project.

It's Easter.  My hands are sore, bandaged and tired.  I'm taking the day off.  Had really hoped to have the cabin water tight before I went back to school.  However, that's not going to happen.  I'll do my best to get out in the garage this week after school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment