Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Making Your Bed



Larry, my friend in Ohio who is also a 1947 Teardrop owner, sent me a drawing of the 'floor.'  I have been thinking about how I was going to 'fit' my mattress into the teardrop.  I have two mattresses to choose from.

One is from our 'old' futon and the other is from our 'old' couch.  I don't think either of them are going to be 'perfect,' but I'm hoping to be able to fit one of them into it for the trip home.  I might end up having to 'carve' out a custom mattress.  I heard that Wal Mart has a mattress that might be able to 'customized.' My hope is to be able to spend one night on the way home somewhere.  The kids have been kidding me that I'll be sleeping in it out on the back porch.  Depending on how the mattress 'fits' and how well things 'seal,' I might choose to 'camp' somewhere.  I might bring it home, fix it up a bit and then go out for a night or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment