Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dreaming and Planning

So this weekend, I worked very hard on our basement.  It, thankfully, is going to require much of my physical and mental energy through the winter.  When I finally get the Carpe Diem, I should be able to spend my time working on her.  One thing I've learned from the basement project is that no matter what you 'think' you can do, it will take twice as long to do it 'right.'   You might as well embrace that and find joy in the process. 

I didn't have a lot of time to dream about her, but I did find a few things that I thought were pretty exciting.  I found a couple of images of a completely restored 1947 Tourette.   Whoever owned this must have stripped it down to the bare bones and re-skinned the whole thing.  It was a random post on Pintrest that mentioned a hot rod 'hotel' they saw at a car show.


As you can see, the aluminum is perfect, as is the galley.  I wonder if that fridge is still an ice box or if they up-cycled it and made it a real fridge?  It is gorgeous nonetheless.  I also like how they have put a solar panel on top.  I want to add a solar panel to my rig eventually so that it can charge up the battery when we are off the grid.  I like that this system seems to be able to be put up on demand and is not permanently anchored to the roof. I don't know anything about solar power, so I am looking forward to researching it.  Harbor Freight has a 45 watt solar panel for less than $200 that includes a converter for 12 v and other voltages.  It seems like a decent deal.  Again, something to research.

While I don't like the specific 'pin up' found on the side of the Teardrop, the side of the trailer does provide a nice canvas to express yourself.  I'm not sure exactly what I might put on there, but it's fun to imagine.  For sure, as I said in the last post, I'll put the name CARPE DIEM, on her somewhere.  Right now I'm leaning toward the hatch.



No comments:

Post a Comment