Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Time to Make a Model


I found out that the teeny tiny trailer I had seen was called a Teardrop Trailer.  A few strokes of the keys and Google delivered hundreds of images of these tiny campers in all shapes, sizes and colors.  A few more keystrokes brought me to the Teardrops and Tiny Trailer Forum where people of all sorts share their love of all things Teardrop and much more.  I spent a few days just reading hundreds of posts and looking at the images.

From there, I introduced myself on the board and was immediately welcomed into the forum.  I had invitations to attend gatherings in my area and to come and see a teardrop in person. 

I started thinking and dreaming about what 'my' Teardrop might look like someday.  I'm handy and love working with wood, so I imagined that I would build it myself.  I started exploring profiles and soon found myself building a scale model of my dream Teardrop.

I spent 12 hours meticulously constructing my 1/24th model, all the way down to awning and bedding.  It turns out that my model was perfectly built for Barbies and all of my daughter's bedding accessories temporarily found a home inside my model.






This was going to be it.  This was as close as I was going to get to making my own Teardrop until I finished work on my library school certification and a few bigger projects that we had planned for our house.  I  had come to an understanding with myself and was pretty content to live vicariously through the forum until my 'time' had come...or would I?

















No comments:

Post a Comment