Friday, July 26, 2013

I'm Back in the Game!

Two weeks ago today I had my second Carpal Tunnel surgery.  I met with my doctor yesterday to have my stitches removed.  All looks good and I'm already feeling the relief.

 Stitches out.  

It's amazing to think that a small probe was inserted in the incision and basically they hollowed out the tunnel that the nerves move through; the purple dots are the farthest point that the 'probe' was extended into my hand.  I have so much empathy for people who have had intense surgery.  Mine was incredibly minor and it took a lot out of me.  The biggest thing I missed: showering with both hands!  When I washed my hair and shaved today it was wonderful to use both hands. 

The teardrop sat under our pop up cover for the past two weeks.  I was able to get in and check to see that the caulk had set up properly and that everything was dry.  I used a jet nozzle on the hose to try to pinpoint the leak in the cabin.  It ended up being a tiny spot under the bulkhead and one of the screw holes.  Now that it is all dried out again, I'll be able to touch up those tiny spots.  I'm going to, just for good measure, caulk underneath as well.  I'm going to use some caulk that is designed for roofing applications.  It's black and will blend in well with the frame.  Once we are sure all is sealed up, I can put the linoleum and mattress back in place.

I will need to wait for the rock guard to dry.  Of course, we had the pop up in place for two weeks; no rain.  Take it down; rain.  I didn't get the aluminum strip glued in place yet; hopefully a dry evening will allow the rock guard to dry.  Then, a few minor fixes in the interior and we will be ready for our next road trip.  We are planning a family get away to Starved Rock State Park soon.  We've heard a lot about it, but never made it there.  This will be our first time with the kids too!


No comments:

Post a Comment