Saturday, June 28, 2014

Orange Crush








I love the color orange.  It's my highlight color on the inside of the cabin and in the galley of the teardrop.  I've had plans to paint the rims and even add a stripe of color to the side of the teardrop for as long as I've been working on this project. 










There were always more important items to complete.  Well, today I decided to go ahead and paint the rims.  I had them off the trailer so that made it much simpler.  I didn't have any masking tape, but duct tape seemed to work just fine.









I put about four coats of paint on the rims and then set them in the sun to 'bake.' 




I'm not sure how I feel about the orange yet.  It seems a little 'loud' right now.  I think I'll live with it for a while and if I like it enough, I might tape out some lines on the side.
 

Now, I need to hook up the trailer to the Civic and test out all the wiring.  That is going to be tomorrow's task.

No comments:

Post a Comment