Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Potential Quest?

I was exploring the Wisconsin State Park System yesterday and came upon this map that shared the locations of every state park.  I had never heard of many of them and it got me thinking.  It would be pretty cool to say that I had visited each of the different parks at some point.  I wonder how many years it would take to visit them all?  We often think of getting to all of the majestic National Parks, but how often do we really 'appreciate' all the nature that's in our own 'backyards?'  For me, not often enough. I'm hoping that I can get a few get aways this summer to the parks that are located along the lake shore.  There's something wonderfully romantic about being so close to a large body of water.  So, for now, I'll mark off the ones I've been to and start 'dreaming' of future trips.  Here is a cool resource with a brief description of each park's features.



No comments:

Post a Comment