Saturday, September 14, 2013

Burleson Recreation Area

I was determined to go camping this weekend despite my busy children!  So, we decided to camp in one of our favorite places; the Burleson Recreation Area; AKA our backyard.

So, when I got home from work last night, I 'towed' the teardrop out to our site and made a fire.  Soon I was sitting by the fire enjoying a Pumpkin Beer; pretty close to heaven!


As the sun fell, we ordered Korean Sushi and enjoyed a gourmet meal; you don't get that at every camp site, that's for sure!


Soon, the sun was down, the stars were out and the fire was warming us.  We pulled our chairs closer to the fire to absorb its warmth and enjoyed burning off all our scrap wood that was pulled from our recent garage cleansing.


After we'd burnt all of our scrap wood and most of a bundle of hardwood, we called it a night and snuggled in the teardrop.


It was a wonderfully cool night; in the upper forties.  The teardrop stayed snuggly inside.  We had the comforter and one other blanket.  The thermometer said that it was about 55 degrees inside most of the night.  I still really want to go at least one more time this fall; I'm pulling for Kettle Moraine.  I would also like to camp, maybe even in the back yard, one time in the winter.  I am considering getting one of those small 12 volt heaters to try in the winter.  We'll see if I can get anyone in the family to come with me!

The first trip to the Burleson Recreation Area was a success.  I'm sure we'll be back here again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment